Asphalt shingles are a practical, affordable, and super durable residential roofing material. Not only do they look great on any home, but they’re awesome for locking out moisture while holding cool or warm air inside. With the right maintenance and timely professional repairs, your asphalt shingle roof should last for decades without needing to be replaced. But if you want your roof to last that long, investing in maintenance and repairs is key. This guide will tell you all about asphalt roof repairs in Pensacola, FL – how you can avoid some common roofing problems, and who you should call when you’re looking for professional repair services.
Asphalt roof maintenance 101
You don’t need any special tools or expertise to prevent damage to your asphalt shingle roof. In fact, there are a few simple home maintenance tips every homeowner should know. Here are 3 steps to easy asphalt shingle upkeep:
1. Keep it clean. Cleaning debris like branches and wet leaves off your asphalt roof can go a long way to prevent damages. Over time, debris can weigh down shingles and lead them to crack or slip out of place. It can also spread moss, mold, or other annoying plant growth that will eat away at your asphalt shingles. Use a broom or hose to clean the debris off your roof regularly, especially after a big storm.
2. Trim back branches. Overhanging branches around your home are a risk to your roof, for two main reasons: they can fall or scrape up against shingles on a windy day, causing them to break; and they can spread natural pests from the trees. Trim back those overhanging branches to keep your roof safe from harm. 3. Inspect for damage. Because shingles can break and wear down individually, it’s important to routinely inspect your roof for signs of minor damage. As soon as you notice a potential problem, call a Pensacola Asphalt Roof Repair specialist to have it fixed. Check out the section below for some signs of damage you should be looking out for.
Signs of asphalt roof damage
So, how do you know when your asphalt shingle roof needs repairs? Here are a few of the most common signs of potentially costly damage to watch for. The sooner you catch these issues, the more you’ll save on repairs in the long run.
1. Cracked or slipping shingles. Asphalt shingles that have been exposed to the elements for too long can eventually develop cracks or start to slip out of place, leaving your roof’s underlay exposed to rainwater and debris. Call a Pensacola, FL Asphalt Roof Repair contractor to patch or replace those damaged shingles.
2. Curling shingles. When you notice any of your asphalt shingles curling up around the edges, they probably need to be replaced. Curling shingles is a sign that your roof has taken on too much moisture.
3. Excessive moss growth. Moss growing on an asphalt roof isn’t just a problem because of the way it looks – it can actually cause some serious damage to your shingles over time. Talk to a Pensacola, FL asphalt roofing contractor about the best way to stop moss and other plant life from talking root in your roof shingles.
4. Roof leaks. Your roof might be leaking as a result of shingle damage, or another problem. Have an asphalt roofing specialist evaluate and repair that leak quickly, before water damage can spread. 5. Roof sag. Finally, especially if you have an older asphalt shingle roof, you may notice low points developing. This could be a sign that your roof needs to be replaced, or at least reinforced. Call a roofing contractor right away.
Asphalt roof replacement
Even the best, well-maintained asphalt shingle roofs will wear down eventually. If your roof has developed excessive leaks and low points, the smartest move might just be to replace it. That way, you won’t have to worry about patching asphalt shingles or replacing shingles for years. A full roof replacement can be a pain, but it’s always worth it in the long run. Work with the best, reliable local asphalt shingle specialists to keep your costs low and get the job done as fast as possible. For more information, give the experts at Pensacola Asphalt Roof Repair a call.
How much will my asphalt shingle repair cost?
The total cost to repair your asphalt roof will depend on what kind of services you need, how long it will take, etc. A contractor will usually charge you a low hourly fee that includes material costs – in most cases, they’ll quote their final cost before they start to work, so you know exactly what to expect. Remember, the sooner you invest in those professional repairs, the more you’ll save! Looking for more details? Call Pensacola Asphalt Roof Repair for a free quote based on your specific situation and roofing needs.
Where can I find the best asphalt roofers near me?
Here’s the good news: you’re in the right place already. Pensacola, FL Asphalt Roof Repair is an awesome local company that provides the best quality roofing services for an affordable cost. Our local contractors can get to you right away, and will have your repairs finished in no time. Call the number on this page to learn more!